1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG P-X ???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by luzceloffan, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Hi guys, I'm in the run of upgrading my Squier's CV60s pickups, I wasn't sure what to do, however I saw this things in the emg website, but there is no more info about them, does anyone has tested them??? that would be good, I'm also worries about the battery, dunno if it will fix inside my P-Babe.

2. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    EMG's new X series is their 'Rolls Royce' of EMG pickups. They are meant to have a better preamp for better distinction, and higher price tag to match.

I would say you are better selling your squire and using that cash (and the money you would have spent on the EMG) and buy a real Fender (even a Made in Mexico, or MIM). On Fenders, I generally dont like the idea of EMG's. Thats not because I think they would sound bad, but its just the paid of routing out a battery compartment, and I am a firm convert to the 18v system instead of the 9v; so that is a double battery compartment! I would use passive Seymour Duncans myself :)

3. Weel I'm mostly sure that my babe has almost the same quality than a MIM, so that's why Im just planning the pup change ;) But I'll consider the SD option.

4. yngwiewho1

yngwiewho1

Mar 2, 2009
    Tomball, Tx
    you dont have to route anything with the audere jplate preamp and east preamp

5. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    There was a thread around here about using six 3v batteries wired up somehow and heatshrunk together. The idea was to be able to fit the battery into small areas where even a normal sized 9v might have a problem fitting.

6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    My best sounding P for rock music had EMGs in it. I dunno squat about the X pickups except the advertisement quotes. The regular active ones work great (as do the SDs which I have in one P and regular Fender PUPs in yet another, the EMG one is long gone).