Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG-P

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ardorx, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    So I'm at school and I just soldered my EMGs together... I'm playing a Fender American Precision bass. Does anyone use this same set up, if so, what kind of noticable difference in the sound am I in for?

www.ardormusic.com

2. hey ardorx,
    I got a set of Emg P's for about $100 at GC. I put them in my converted fretted->fretless jay turser. i got the bass for about $75 from a friend, and the electronics/p-u's weren't in very good shape, and neither was the bass to be honest. After i added them, the bass sounded much better, with more clarity and a little high end emphasis. Other than that, the sound was very even but punchy, i love it! one question, where did you put the 9v battery and are you using the included pots? hope you like the sound!

3. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    What's up Fishtank,
    Yes, I really do like the sound. They sound alot more punchier to be honest. Yeah, I used the included pots but for the battery, I re-soldered the pots farther apart so i had enough room to put the battery between them. So far it seems to work great. Thanks for the reply.