1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG PASSIVE 35'S IN T-BIRD?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by OVERDRIVEN66, Mar 18, 2005.

1. I have a non-reverse T-Bird clone (all mahogany)that I'm just finishing up on and plan on using either Barts or the EMG passive 35's until I can find some 'real' 60's pickups to put in it. Has anybody tried the passive 35's in a T-Bird? How are the T-Bird replacement Barts in comparason to the passive HZ'z? Please keep in mind that I'm keeping the bass passive with conventional vol/vol/tone T-Bird electronics with 500k pots. Thanks for your opinions!!!!

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I have some HZ's in a mahogany ESP and I really like them. I know they will sound different in a T-Bird, but I think they are at least worth a look. A lot of people seem to think that they sound sterile, but I think the mahogany helps to warm them up considerably. I even changed them out of my ESP for a set of 35 DC/CS, and ended up switching back. I think if you try them and aren't happy, you could probably sell them for nearly what you paid. Same goes for the Bart's too. I haven't played the Bart's but the combination of them and the mahogany body tends to produce mud, or so I've been told. Good luck.