1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG PBass wiring help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by OHBandit, Feb 22, 2013.

1. OHBandit

OHBandit

May 7, 2008
    Maineville, OH
    I just installed EMG's in my Pbass. These are a new old set that come pre hard wired. Problem is my tone control is acting like a volume control. I called EMG and they told me to make sure the capacitor was not touching any other leads as that would make it act like a volume control. I checked and the capacitor is NOT touching anything. Wondering if the wiring is wrong somewhere. Anyone have a schematic for the EMG Pbass that aren't plug and play?

2. Cadfael

Cadfael

Jan 4, 2013
    Germany, EU
    You can use any P-Bass wiring diagram!

The only difference is the battery (but this should be clear) and that the pots have 25k instead of 250k.
    The wiring between volume and tone pot is the same like in passiv basses.

The capacitor might also be damaged.
    Do you have a second one? Form the original wiring?

3. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    google emg p wiring , theres a ton of info and schematics that come up depending on your setup. you have something wired wrong.

4. OHBandit

OHBandit

May 7, 2008
    Maineville, OH
    That's the weird part...I didn't wire them...they come hard wired. Only thing I did was connect the wire to the 9v connector and the other to the volume pot as stated. Guess I will look at the schematic.