1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG PHZ Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PaulMacCnj, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Has anyone here used the EMG PHZ replacement pickups? Soundclip? I have a 2006 Fender MIA P-bass and was wonder how the EMG passive replacements sound. I have EMG's in my Spector Euro (Active) and they were in another Spector Q4 (passive HZ with preamp) that I sold. I do like the sound of them.

Note: I had to cross post this question since the other thread about P-bass stock vs. replacements turned very ugly and was closed. :scowl:

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Sorry to hear about your thread. Rarely happens in this forum, can't remember the last time in fact. I remember your thread but never opened it.

My guess is if you like them in the Q4 (not familiar with it), then you'd like them in whatever. I had the HZ soaps but I didn't even remember EMG making HZ PJ's till a post not long ago.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I loved the EMG-HZ pickups in my Dean Edge. I don't particualrly like EMG's signature active pickups, but from what I've experienced their passive HZ line is right up my alley. If I were looking for a set of pickups for a P bass they'd be on my list.