EMG Pickup/Preamp Users, DIP switches?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fourbin, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Fourbin

Feb 11, 2003
    My Modulus Quantum 5 has the standard EMG eq that is Volume, Balance, Bass, Treble.. it looks like inside the cavity that the EQ has some dip switches. Anyone know what these do? Can you guys tell me what yours are set at?
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    they may select the freq for your treble adjustment - it's a hard find, but search the EMG website - it is on there, but you have to look very, very hard.

good luck

3. Fourbin

Feb 11, 2003
    Here we go.. cut this from the PDF EMG instruction manual:

Now what settings do you guys have?
  4. 4.5 kHz is the standard setting, and probably the most usable. I like 7 kHz on my Hamer 12-string, but then a 12-string bass has a lot more upper harmonic content than a normal bass. The 2.1 kHz setting is more throaty sounding, affecting the upper midrange rather than the treble range.

Best is to try the different settings and see what you like best with your bass!

5. I have 2 Spector basses with EMG preamps and these dip switches! I adjusted them until they sounded 'best' to me. Both are adjusted the same way (even though one has EMG DC40 pickups and the other has EMG Hz pickups). Unfortunately I can't remember what settings I ended up with.....

It was just after I converted both to run at 18 volts........