1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG pickups and their height adjustment...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Shouldn't they have springs so they can can be angled if necessary? I'm working on a custom 4-string with an EMG-MMTW Stingray-style pup, and the luthier I'm working with just pointed out there's no springs to change the pickup angle...HELP! :hyper:

2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    That's because EMGs aren't as susceptive to pickup height and angle with regards to tone. I've lowered my pickup height considerably, before, and heard little to no difference in tone. Can't remember the physics of it, but I wouldn't worry about them. Just get them close to the strings without ever being able to touch string to pickup.

-Eric.

3. Thank you! And by the way, we have the same birthday!

But what if I want to tilt it slightly for playing angle, regarding my attack? :confused:

4. yugo

yugo

Mar 28, 2006
    just tighten the side you want lower, they will tilt just fine