EMG Pickups, where to buy?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by EASonBass, May 5, 2003.

1. Any recommendations on where to buy EMG pickups?
  2. Gander

Jun 5, 2002
    I got my active EMG P/J set at Guitar Center. I think they were going for around $130.
  3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Got mine from Ebay. Brand new set of P style in box, $50. Also, I think EMG has a dealer locator.
  4. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Do a price request over at www.chucklevins.com, you should be able to get a good deal on whatever EMGs you're looking for, even if they're not listed on the site...
  5. Chuck Levins?

Wheww. They are way over priced.

Check MusiciansFriends, Allparts, GearOnLine and AmericanMusicSupply. Save yourself some money.
  6. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Odd, all the stuff I'm looking into buying is cheaper at Chuck Levins than it was at Musician's Friend and American Music Supply, are you sure you're thinking of the same place?
  7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    http://www.dguitarparts.com/ have pretty good prices
  8. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'll be selling a set of EMG Soapbars with an active pre-amp (bass/treble) pretty soon. I'm taking them out of my Schecter Elite-4 and replacing them with Barts. If you'd like I could make you a deal.

9. Thanks but I need a PJ set.

Thanks to all the suggestions so far. Much appreciated.
  10. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    guitar center *will* let the p/j set go for 95. thats what i paid for mine up there. i am in there alot and ive spent alot there but if you talk to a manager you shouldnt have a problem getting that price.