EMG pickups with MEC (active, 2 way) preamp.(yes, Warwick).

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by escaraBAJO, May 23, 2000.

1. escaraBAJO

Apr 24, 2000
    This is a simple question:
    Are this two items compatible?.
    My bass is a warwick corvette proline 5 with passive MEC pickups.
    If i make this change it should be the same as any other all active warwick (w' mple bdy and wenge neck, bolt-on),

or am i wrong?

2. silent man

silent man

May 4, 2000
    no your´re right.
    i did the same on a yamaha bg5, it worked
    hablas español?

3. has anyone out there done this? i have thought about this myself with the active corvette, would it work with the passive one?
  4. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    I'm pretty sure you can buy active mec's through warwick, and they should work. Emg pre-amps don't work with other pickups (or that's what they say) but I don't know about the other way. Send an Email to warwick and ask.
  5. bassclefman

Apr 12, 2007
    New York City
    I have a warwick 5 string bolt on bass which comes with a 2 band active preamp i want to change the preamp to a 3 band, the warwick neck through comes with a 3 band active preamp from the factory, where can I get the 3 band active preamp to this upgrade? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. bassclefman

Apr 12, 2007
    New York City
    Does anyone know the telephone number to a warwick tech?
  7. bmikeh

Apr 19, 2007
    I've sent 3 emails to the warwick tech. on the warwick site. That was 10 days ago and still no response. :(
  8. Why don't you post on the Warwick forums? The guys there are usually on the ball.

FWIW, Warwick's custom shop have started using EMGs again as an option, and I'd be surprised if they forced you to use the EMG pre with them - they don't with SDs and Barts.