Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG Preamp from Spector Basses

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by iriegnome, Sep 26, 2005.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Does anyone know about these? I aquired a PreAmp for a project. It is an EMG. It is out of a Spector Legend 5 string. That is all I know. I may be missing a pot, but I cannot find anything out about these. :help: I figured I would turn to my TB friends.
    Thanks in advance.

2. hi mate,

i gutted my Spector NS-2000/4 recently and was wondering the same thing. after some emails to spector i came to the conclusion that it has the EMG-BTS control in it.

this one here:
    http://www.emgpickups.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Accessories&categoryid=33&catalogid=140

mind you, mine looked a little different (circuit board was a little larger).. but spector confirmed that it is the BTS. maybe an earlier model or something...?

might not be the same as the legend series, but may put you on the right track. i'd send Spector an email, i was really impressed with their customer service.

good luck with it,
    Andy.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The tone circuit is an EMG B-30EQ three band tone control, modified for use by Spector IIRC.
    http://www.emgpickups.com/displayproducts.asp?section=OEM&categoryid=5&catalogid=175

4. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    This is From Rick at EMG. I sent him a pic of the EQ and this is what he said it is!

"What you have is an EMG-B30 EQ Rev S. It's a 3 band active EQ accessory
    based on our B30.

Since it's an OEM component, there are no specs for it yet. It ships to the
    manufacturer as is, with no instructions. The wiring is the same as our
    other active EQ stuff:"

5. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Here is a pic of my EQ system. I think that I still need to add a Volume?

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Yep, the B-30 only ships with B-M-T controls...

7. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Talked with Scott over at EMG yesterday afternoon. Since I am a "artist" with EMG, I could get a Volume pot direct from them. He sent it out yesterday! I was hoping to play the bass this weekend, but it looks like it will have to wait until next weekend to play in a show. :smug: