Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Emg premamps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davidoc, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Emg seems to make the only active setup that has a stacked pot with no pan knob. It's called the BTC control.

Does anyone know where I can buy it? Are there any other similar systems I didn't notice?

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I think you can install a Bartolini preamp and get the tech to wire it however you want. (within reason) Unlike the EMG stuff, the bart preamp is not integrated into the pots.

Go to the bartolini site. There are some diagrams there of the various pre-wired circuits that they offer. But they also sell the preamps seperately, so you can use whatever pots that you need to get the set up that you want.

Chas

3. Thanks for the help!

Well, Bartolini was my first pick, considering my pickup is bartoli, but their layouts all have pan knobs. I need a pot anyway, and it's even harder to find concentric pots, so the emg would be more convenient and cheaper over-all.

I know how to install stuff, and techs charge a fortune. (probably more than the pot!) I'm having no luck finding either bartolini or emg in local stores. Do you know if where I could find it online?

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    My local dealer carries EMG, and there's a few Internet dealers, too. Let me know if you have no luck finding them...

5. thanks for the reply. Could you point out some internet dealers if possible?

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Ask, and you shall receive! Shazam!