Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG prices?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nunk6, Aug 16, 2001.

1. nunk6

nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    are the bass pickups prices on the emg website for a set?!
    or a single pickup? im looking at the emg-35dc and it says 121.00....... ouch

2. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    single p/u unless it says otherwise but in a store they will cost you around 80 not 121 and if you got some good concetions with the guys who work there you can get it for even cheaper i got my p/j set for like 100 which is alot cheaper than what they origanlly asked for but id say go with the emg's they sound great i dont think youll be dissapointed

3. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    You could also check the second hand market. I scored a set of mint EMG jazz pickups for $60 from an ad on bassgear.com.

4. nunk6

nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    thanks
    i called guitar center and im checking to see if i can get some sort of deal, probally not though-
    $80 is alot are they worth it?

5. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    yeah they are at least in my opioin (i cant spell today) they get a nice clear sound without that buzz when you got your bass by another eletric device but i have nothing bad at all to say about my emg's since ive had them

6. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I agree that they are worth it-- I love my EMGs.

7. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    I love emg's and have 4 basses with them, the best place to buy them is a place called Scotty's Guitars just do a search from your home page and you will find them. Even though they have to mail it to you they allways have stuff in stock and the best prices I have found and that includes all the big name placec. I believe all they do is pickups and electronics. If you decide to get them you really need to look at the bts or btc system with them also, they give you an active preamp ( bass boost/cut treble boost/cut) or the bqs which also throws a mid boost/cut in there.

8. nunk6

nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    well i just called guitar center and they said they can get me the pickups for 85 each and the bqc system for 110-- im leaving in the next five minutes or so to go there and need to make a decision;

either i buy both the system and the pickups or i get the bqc control and then use mighty mite soapbars. any ideas?

theres a $130 difference in which way i go......... so its a tough one these are going on a mahoganyw/quilted maple body if that matters

9. BlackSwan

BlackSwan

Aug 21, 2001
    Austin, TX USA
    Mine cost about 90 bucks, through a small mom-and-pop type of operation here in Austin. Installation was a pain because I went for the 18 volt setup (as recommended by EMGs instructions--but they don't include the second battery harness!) and had to route the body to fit a second battery.

Keep in mind that this is just a Squier P-bass, but it is a HUGE improvement. The thing sounds great and the noise floor is so low that I had to plug direct into a soundcraft board to figure out where it is. I'm really pleased with it.

-'Swan