Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG Pups w/ an Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nirvanafan13, Dec 10, 2002.

1. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I happen to have a friend who is a great guitar-builder.. He already made a few AMAZING instruments completely from scratch (carving necks, fingerboards, bodies, headstocks, inlays, etc...) by himself.... and i have a few pieces of equipment he wants, so he is probably going to build me a nice bass in exchange.
    This bass will kick serious *ss if it actually gets made...
    anyways, my question was Can one install EMG pups with an aguilar OBP-3 preamp? I know that emg's are active and i think they come with all the stuff for a full system, but what do i know? anyways, i just wanna be able to tell him pretty much all i want on the bass in a few days... So if anyone could get back to me on this i would REALLY REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks so much for your help!
    -Evan

2. Nino-Brown had the EMG pups with an aguilar OBP-3 preamp and loves it.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I had basses with EMG's & the OBP-1. I've never owned the OBP-3.

EMG's work fine with Aguilar's preamps & I did love the sound I got out of the basses. I recomend them.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    FWIW-
    I just picked up an OBP-3 SK; still deciding what bass I wanna 'carve up'. I'm thinking my "Jazz" with the Barts...
    Is 18 Volts the consensus around here?