1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG QUESTION ___PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by shaboda, Mar 27, 2006.

1. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    Ok guys

here's the scenario... :confused:

I have a 4string warmoth P bass with 2 EMGHZ soapbars and the stock tre/bass/mid pre that goes with these... anyhow- I wanna replace the whole thing with "REAL" EMG soapbars and preamp---- I wana' stay 9 volt though and not go to 18 volt ---

what do you guys think of a EMG BQS PREAMP system, and 2 35P4 Pickups? Would this be a good choice.... :help:

Help is appreciated as I usually use a standard P/J style configuration and havent messed around much with replacement soapbars :ninja:

thanx!

:p

2. Gianni

Gianni

Jul 4, 2001
    Palermo - Italia
    If you like the p/j why do not choose a 35P4 and a 35J?

For me I should prefer a 35TW and a 35P4.
    The TW can work in single o double coil configuration, with a push pull volume pot (included).

Ciao!
    Gianni

3. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    I thought about that, but would (2) 35p4's sound beefier?

I am not married to the P/J config sound wise. Or is the 35p4 only meant for neck position?

4. Gianni

Gianni

Jul 4, 2001
    Palermo - Italia
    In the old Steinberger XL2 inside the soapbars there were 2 P. That should be a combo similar to a couple of 35P4 and plays very well.

Ciao!
    Gianni