1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG Questions!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Hello, I currently have the EMG P installed into my Fender Precision Bass. My question is if I install an LJ in the bridge position and a BTC System, could I decide not to use the volume, and just use the blend knob for switching between pickups, and the stacked bass/treble knob and it working properly. Basically I would just like to use 2 holes from the pickguard and the last one for the input. Would this setup work properly? Thanks.
    P.S: I had to stuff in the battery when I first installed my EMG P. Thanks for all your help.

2. gilbass

gilbass

Jun 15, 2005
    fife scotland uk
    Don`t think this will work mate,you will need a volume ,blend and tone.Best way is to have an input socket fitted on the side, also gonna need battery space for the BTC.

3. So deep-dish it. Okay. How do I secure the input considering I don't have the pickguard to support it? Will I have enough room? If not should I make room? And where should I start getting some cavity in? Also would any other EMG sound nice with my EMG P? Thanks again..

4. I just took out the BTC control on my EMG loaded P bass. The pickup puts out more than enough low end without it. Also the BTC seemed to make fret noise more prominant. I am a bit treble shy, I must admit, so you may like it. It just seems that the bass control was just way too much with that pickup, so I went back to Vol/Tone and it's just right!
    Chris