1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG Select

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mtshark, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mtshark

mtshark

Nov 28, 2008
    I saw some EMG (HZ?) Select p'ups on Stew Mac for $20 and I was wondering if it would be an upgrade on the stock one for my starter Peavey P bass copy. I do realize it's not active and such, but I do use this bass for more my more agressive playing. But for $20 would it be worth the upgrade?

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    nope. they're no better than what you have already.

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    Emg select pickups arent made by emg. They are outsourced I think its china but im not 100% sure. but they arent bad pickups but they arent good eather. I would say your peavey stock pickup would be better. Save up and wait till you really know what you want. also search youtube theres tons of clips of bass pickups on there

4. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    ...and Select aren't the same pickups as the HZ series. Neither are made by EMG.

If you're looking for a budget low end OEM pickup, the Duncan Designed are probably best of the bunch.