Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG Selects, Comments?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mazinger, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    I'm thinking about picking up a "P" set. The bass I'm putting it on has horrible pickups, so I'm sure these will sound better.

I have selects on a guitar and they sound great and are very quiet, but I've never tried out the bass pickups.

I don't want to spend the money on more expensive pickups for this bass. I can pick up the selects for $23.

Anyone have any experiences with these?

2. I've got a set of the P bass pickups in my Essex. They sound great IMO. I prefer passive pickups, so EMG Selects were a great choice. They are inexpensive and they sound very nice.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I agree. I had a JJ set in a bass (oddly enough, an Essex :)) with an Aguilar OBP-1 & it sounded GREAT!!!!

4. I've got the EMG Select P p/up in my Warmoth P clone and the PJ set in my Fender Precision plus.

I like 'em:) -enough crunch in the high mids for me, and no exposed polepieces to rust/catch your fingers/click against the strings .
    (check out "rising" by The Now on the Talkbass station for a recording of the Fender, and "MTR" on the Mock Turtle Regulator page linked below for the warmoth)