EMG Selects, Comments?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mazinger, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm thinking about picking up a "P" set. The bass I'm putting it on has horrible pickups, so I'm sure these will sound better.

I have selects on a guitar and they sound great and are very quiet, but I've never tried out the bass pickups.

I don't want to spend the money on more expensive pickups for this bass. I can pick up the selects for $23.

Anyone have any experiences with these?
  2. I've got a set of the P bass pickups in my Essex. They sound great IMO. I prefer passive pickups, so EMG Selects were a great choice. They are inexpensive and they sound very nice.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I agree. I had a JJ set in a bass (oddly enough, an Essex :)) with an Aguilar OBP-1 & it sounded GREAT!!!!
  4. I've got the EMG Select P p/up in my Warmoth P clone and the PJ set in my Fender Precision plus.

I like 'em:) -enough crunch in the high mids for me, and no exposed polepieces to rust/catch your fingers/click against the strings .
    (check out "rising" by The Now on the Talkbass station for a recording of the Fender, and "MTR" on the Mock Turtle Regulator page linked below for the warmoth)