EMG SSD Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Razor, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Can anyone give me the exact dimensions of the EMG SSD (Stuart Spector Design) humbucker pickup's? These are common in the performance series Spectors (which I have one of) and I want to replace them. If anyone has replaced these pickups also give me the info as well.
  2. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    ..don't qoute me, but I thouight I saw a Spector spec with EMG 40DCs, which I have, and are 4x1.5.

good luck
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i used to have a ssd and they were just he normal common emg-hz humbucker pup.
    passive. thats all i know
    sorry i couldn't be of more help

4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Sorry if I'm being dense, but why are you asking for the dimensions of the pickups on the Performance Series Spectors when you have one yourself? Or am I misunderstanding the question?

If you're just looking to replace the passive EMG Hz pickups, I'm pretty sure the measurements are the same as the EMG active soapbars (3.5"/4.0"/4.5" x 1.5").

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The EMG SSD would measure 3.5" x1.5". Its a different pick up than the EMG HZ found in the Professional series.

Any EMG 35 Extended series pick up should fit in the pick up cavity.