1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG Stacked Knobs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by yeldarb69 (Brad), Oct 8, 2013.

1. yeldarb69 (Brad)

yeldarb69 (Brad) Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I recently installed a BQC control in my spector bass.Thing sounds great but what is the trick with the stacked knobs ? Whenever i turn one they both turn.The pots work correctly without the knobs on so i am just assuming it is an operator error.I have never had stacked knobs before,so this is a first for me.

2. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Need to make sure you have clearance between the top and bottom knobs.

3. yeldarb69 (Brad)

yeldarb69 (Brad) Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I tried that right after i posted this and it seems to have worked.

4. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I always leave a little room, and also file the bottom edge of the top knob (around the outer edge) of the stack so it doesn't get stuck on the bottom knob. I've had that problem with every BTC or BQC system.

5. gpx1200

gpx1200 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    my biggest problem with emg has allways been the cheesy pots that they build their preamps right onto so your stuck with them no matter what every emg pre ive used has this problem and it gets worse with age and the center detents also wear out pretty quickly.
    I recently put a agulair obp3 in my spector euro lx4 and the pots they include with it are much higher quality and the tone is amazing

6. try to sand a bit the bottom of the treble knob. It worked for me.