1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG TBS pot values

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by johnk_10, Oct 4, 2010.

1. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    does anyone know what value the pots on the EMG TBS for the treble & bass controls are? i'm wondering if they are the standard 25KA audio pots that they use in almost everything else? i have one on its way to me, but i'll probably need to use shorter threaded sleeved pots to put the preamp in a jag bass.

thanks in advance!

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Inactive Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    The tone control pots are 50K linear taper and have center detents. You don't need shorter shafts, just use a few star washers, or thread another nut on the shaft.

You can get the pots here:

http://www.bestbassgear.com/pots.htm

They have the stacked pot too.

3. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    hi. thanks. i have the stacked TBC and just measured the pots and they read 30K (but that's when still in the circuit). the problem with the length isn't stacking star washers or using a nut to space them back. the problem is that i don't want to have to route under the pickguard to fit them (there's not enough depth for them in the upper control plate area/they mount horizontally). i think i have a way i can use the stock ones though and i definitely don't want to lose the center detent.

i really wish EMG would make shorter ones (the threaded part) for the Jazz Bass pickups too since i use spacers below the j bass control plate, but that takes away the room for depth in the cavity, & i hate the look of knobs that are way too high off of the control plate so i just carefully tuck every thing in, but it's a reall hassle. irealize that they make them long for rear loaders, but it would've been nice if the had an optional set.

4. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    just found the 50K linear pots with the shorter threaded mount at Mouser so i ordered them. they were only $1.68 each and i figured it'd be alot easier just to use them instead of modifying the pots or the bass.

thanks for the info on their values and type.

5. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Inactive Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Do they have the enter detent?

You can get 50K pots with the center detent here:

http://www.gpdusa.com/50K_Pots-50K_Pot_Linear_Taper_Center_Click.html

6. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021