EMG TW????

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by emre03, Dec 20, 2003.

1. emre03

Sep 18, 2000
    I was just visiting all the p/u manifacturer sites i know, just like i do every now and then when i realized emg updated their site. But the change in design wasn't the only thing new about the site, when i was looking thorough the extended series pickups i saw there was one new humbucker, other than the classic cs and dc now they offer another "tw" and this one seems to be very original indeed. They describe the pup as:

I looked thorough the site but couldn't find any diagram. This pickup also isn't mentioned on the 2003 cat. Does anyone know any thing other than this description about this one? Does it have three coils in the housing or just two? Any diagrams? Is it still humbucking when using the "j" alone? This one seems to be pretty interesing, wonder when i'll buy it :)
  2. radmin

Jun 23, 2006
    Columbus, Oh
    The single coil mode is quiet. Even when soloing a pickup.
    It's a great pickup.
  3. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    They've had the TW model for some years now. I put a pair into my old Acacia fretless - I definetly dug the sound.

And yes, it's all humbucking. No noise, no buzz....

If you do go for this pickup, be aware that there is a little difference in output levels between the two modes: the single coil output is a bit softer. Here's a description of how to make them even: