Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG-VMC

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MAD2X, Oct 16, 2005.

1. I might be able to get one EMG variable mid control for almost nothing. I would swap it for the tone pot in my bass like it shows on the diagram from EMG. But I dont know if it would give me more flexibility over my tone, to have a mid control instead of a Tone? I know it would be best to also have a Bass/Treble control on top of that but I dont have money for that. I only want to go throught the hassle of installing it in if I know it will help my tone.

Thanks in advance.

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    IMO, a mid countour is better than a treble cut. You can boost mids like Entwhistle or cut them for slap.

3. A variable mid control will be very flexible and define your tone much easier than a bass and treble will. I don't think you'll miss the other knobs. BTW if you set it at full boost and sweep the frequency it's a wah pedal. Very cool! :D

4. Thanks both for the comments, I will try to get my hands on it tommorow I hope he still has it.