1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG-VMC

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MAD2X, Oct 16, 2005.

1. I might be able to get one EMG variable mid control for almost nothing. I would swap it for the tone pot in my bass like it shows on the diagram from EMG. But I dont know if it would give me more flexibility over my tone, to have a mid control instead of a Tone? I know it would be best to also have a Bass/Treble control on top of that but I dont have money for that. I only want to go throught the hassle of installing it in if I know it will help my tone.

Thanks in advance.

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    IMO, a mid countour is better than a treble cut. You can boost mids like Entwhistle or cut them for slap.

3. A variable mid control will be very flexible and define your tone much easier than a bass and treble will. I don't think you'll miss the other knobs. BTW if you set it at full boost and sweep the frequency it's a wah pedal. Very cool! :D

4. Thanks both for the comments, I will try to get my hands on it tommorow I hope he still has it.