Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

emg vs. seymour duncan bass lines (active)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sirgrooveholic, Sep 27, 2002.

1. sirgrooveholic

sirgrooveholic

Sep 26, 2002
    Right now I'm thinking about getting jazz bar for my bridge bass position, which one has good clear bottom end sound if you have one of them in active version tell me which ones you liked, and why. I used digitech bp8 effect pedal and I need something good that blends with it. I couldn't find any bartolini's in active version if some one has can describe which model has?

Also, I got 3 band eq preamp on my Ibanez SR810, I believe is the most 10 pounds. Is it still gonna be workin even when I change from original version of pickups.

If I would an extra battery 9v n 9v (18v) if that would distort or if it will have a loss in bottom end?

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I can only help with the initial question. I personally prefer EMG's over the Basslines. That's why I switched them out in my Fender. HOWEVER! The Duncans were NOT ACTIVE, andI have not played active Duncans, but I just didn't care for the sounds they made.

My vote: EMG.