1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMGs in Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, May 8, 2006.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Does anybody have EMGs in their Ibanez? If so what do they sound like? I really want to put them in mine but I want to hear more frist. :)

2. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I put a pj set in my sr400 and they sound great. Popped em right in with no muss no fuss :) too bad the bass is trashed. I'll probably sell them off :(

3. AlmightyPancake just got an ibanez that looked like there were some EMGs in. You might want to pm him.

4. That would be my former Ibanez SR406. No EMGs, however the bass he traded me for it (Peavey Grind NTB) does in fact have a set of DCs in them.

-Ryan.

5. my local GC has a Doug Wimbish Ibanez with the emgs and it sounded awesome.

6. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Just threw in some emg pups in my sr496 the 40p and 40j that made a rather low output bass come alive. But I just ordered a emg BQS system preamp that should be here tomorrow. Im going to run it at 18volts (more headroom?) and with the higher quality and mid freq range adjustment I think it will take this bass to another level or just be a big wast of money, who knows?

7. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    if you're looking to sell, i'm willing to buy. i wanted to put some emg pjs in my sr400. pm with details :)

8. Ya, my Doug Wimbish 4 sounds great with its EMG's. Emphesis on 'modern sound' with neck-thru and ash body wings.

9. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Would the 40DC/neck and 40CS/bridge give me a nice deep warm sound? I am also going to install a BQC EQ.:)