Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eminence 12" Neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fdeck, May 25, 2005.

1. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Anybody have experience with the 12" Eminence driver containing the neodymium magnet? I think the model number is Delta Lite 2512. What size box are you using? Ported or sealed? How much amp power are you comfortably feeding into it? Etc. Etc.

2. I can't help you, but I think for the same driver for 1x12 box to use it with 1x15 (JBL 2226) that I have. From the graph I saw on Eminence website I expect to have nice clear sound - it has ~6 dB hump around 3 kHz.

3. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    There's a Eminence NEO woofer in my GK Neo112. 300 watts rated. Ported cab similiar to an Aguilar GS112 but not as deep.
    Sounds very good, slightly compressed on the lows, my ceramic Delta 12LF "breathes" better and is fuller in the same cabinet. The Neo has nice crisp midrange and presence. Seems to hold up well to abuse SO FAR.

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'd be very surprised if GK are using the over-the-counter version of the Eminence Neo.

According to the T/S parameters, the Deltalite likes a cab that's 89 Litres (3.15cu.ft) and tuned to 42Hz. This will give you a -3dB point of 55Hz.