Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eminence Beta 10s - any use?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikeboth, Feb 7, 2005.

1. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    A couple of years back I was trying to put together a simple 2x10 using some Beta 10s. Time passed, the cab I was building got ditched, and I've lost all the calculations I did at that time. :(

So....
    http://editweb.iglou.com/eminence/eminence/pages/products02/speakers/beta10.htm
    ... are these actually any use for a bass 2x10? I'd be happy even to be able to put together a oversized (the Betas seem to need a large cab volume compared to - say - the Deltas) cab for use at home. Or, should I just sell them on and put the $$$ towards some other more appropriate speakers?

TIA

Mike

2. Mike,

I personally would consider those betas best suited for guitar instead of bass. I'm sure you could work those into a 2x10 cab, but WinISD is showing the need for a larger cabinet for those, and power handling and group delay specs don't add up very well.
    If you're going with Eminence, why don't you email Avatar. They'll sell you the speakers by themselves, and you'd be surprised at the prices. They can get anything that Eminence makes..

Mag...

3. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Thanks for the reply ... well, I'm in Australia and generally freight on heavy-ish things (eg speakers) kills the savings to be had by buying from overseas. Also - I have very little cash anyway, and would prefer to see what I can do with what I have. Sounds like it might be best to sell them on, and keep in mind buying something more appropriate in the future.

Mike