Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eminence BP102

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ohmanohjeeze, Sep 30, 2004.

1. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    Hey guys,
    I just got a couple of the Eminence Legend BP102 speakers and am curious as to what the dimensions of a 2x10 cab for these would be, I've got an empty cab and got the speakers pretty cheap so if it sounds like garbage it won't be too big of a loss.
    Thanks,
    alex

2. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Find bgavin's user profile and you'll see a link to his site (OFGB.org I think)... download his musicians reference spreadsheet. On the drivers page it gives you all the info you should need... It's 2.19 cubic feet PER DRIVER from my copy of the spreadsheet - 4.38 cubic feet (net) - that's significantly larger than a normal 2x10 cab I think. A smaller box will harm low end response. These can be used in a sealed box though.

3. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    Alright, sorry I kind of posted that in a hurry.

its 16.5" deep, 23" long, and 12.5" tall. These are approximations being as I only had my 6" ruler handy.

Is a sealed cab and has some sort of insulation stuffed inside. What is the purpose of the insulation anywho?

4. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    I'm waiting for them in the mail actually. But once I get them I have every intention of tossing them in there and seeing how it goes.

thanks alot guys!

5. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    I'm pretty sure it's a DIY, it had two electro-voice force speakers in them but they seem much more mid-range (their frequency range is 70hz to 7khz) and I didn't really want that. But it seems decently built. I'm going to sand it down and put a grill cloth and make it look classy.

6. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    exactly how does the dB work, especially with the negatives? How do I determine these?