1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eminence Delta Lite II Neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LoveThatBass, Mar 20, 2006.

1. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Any experience with these Neodymium 15" bass speakers?
    They have an improved extended XMAX of 4.8 vs. the 3.9 of the original and are 8 ohm. The Sensitivity is almost 100 db rating and have a frequency response of 40-3700 hz. I just ordered one for my second Avatar cab. I have a Kappa Pro LFA Eminence speaker in the other cab and wanted something to compliment it in the mids area and still provide some good lows.

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    In WinISD and on the spec sheet at least, they are a big improvement over the original 2515 which I thought was dissapointing. Have you checked out the Kapplites? 450 watt rating, in a standard and a LF version. Look like winners.

3. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Did you try the original 2515's or just going by spec.'s ? What was dissapointing and how are the second generation better?

I have checked into the Kappa Lites. They were my first choice, however Eminence has asked for their return due to a problem being addressed at this time. In light of that I have chosen to go with a Delta Lite II.

Did your WinISD state the best size for a cab for them?
    I have a modified B115H Avatar cab that I put a folded horn type shelf in to accomodate a JBL E140F. It works quite well for that speaker with the horn setup. The shelf can be easily removed or modified.

4. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    The original 2515 only had 2.9 xmax and I found that a problem and in the Avatar cab a big mid-bass hump which I find annoying especially on 5 and 6-strings - I'd rather have more low extension which it didn't have that much of compared to a number of fifteens I've used.

I wanted to like it because it promised less weight for more sound but what can I say, I've played with a lot of fifteen subwoofers under a 210, and they can spoil ya ; }

I dunno, the DlII in a 7500 to 8000 cubic inch box with a box tuning between 44 and 45 Hz looks pretty good to me, with what I consider a pretty useful output between 40 and 50 Hz, and a pretty smooth if not awe-inspiring group delay.

5. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004

Good info...thanks for the thumbs up. I will let you know what I think of them when I get it and try it out. As stated before, I have a Kappa Pro LFA with very decent XMax of about 6.0 in one cab. I wanted this to give me some good mids and decent lows to compliment.
    I was told the problem with the Kappa Lite should be corrected within a week or so. It is just a matter of putting the correct part (some ring I believe).

6. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Received the Delta Lite II 2515. Put it in one of my Avatar B115H cabs. Initial test shows good lows that are distinct (not flabby), good mids and smooth highs. Very pleasing sounding across the board with no perceived spike in the mids. It is efficient and so light weight it is almost silly. Carried it in one hand with just fingers.
    I will post after I can really check it out. I left the internal folded horn baffle I installed for the JBL E140's in place. It tuned the cab to around 55 hz, however this speaker is reported to work well in the Avatar B115H as it comes from the manufacturer. Its Xmax is 4.8, frequency response 40-3700hz, has a 99.8 SPL. At 1/4 volume it's efficiency makes it a lot louder than the Kappa Pro LF but that should change at higher volumes. We'll see...have to wait till the wife is away to try that one.

7. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    It is official (from me at least).
    I am keeping the Eminence Kappa Pro LFA 15" speaker in my first Avatar Cab.:hyper: Looks like Neo Delta Lite II 2515 may be on its way out. The Kappa Pro LFA is an excellent speaker for the B115H cab.
    I will either put another Kappa Pro LFA in my second B115H Avatar cab or try the Kappa Lite 3015 LF.
    Maybe greenboy can persuade me on what to do here.:help:
    I am going to pause on this one at least over the weekend and see how I feel. I am going to remove the baffleboard I put in the cab with the Delta Lite II and see how it does that way one more time. :meh: