Eminence Deltalite II in a Peavey 210TXF?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ptuckerbass, Dec 29, 2007.

1. ptuckerbass

ptuckerbass

Sep 12, 2000
    Orlando, Fl.
    Has anyone ever replaced the drivers in their 210 TXF?
    I like the sound of the stock drivers at low SPL, however they can't seem to handle the low B when higher levels are needed.

The Deltalites look like a good replacement on paper. Any real life feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I would think they'd be a good choice, too. I'm not familiar with those particular speakers, but I've never heard a bad Eminence speaker. You'll definitely be able to pour on the wattage heavier. You might want to call www.centralfloridaspeaker.com and ask their opinion (they're an Eminence distributor) and I'm sure the experts on here will tell you if they're right for your cab as well, but if it says Eminence, chances are it'll be great. Not much of answer, I know. Mostly it's based on a gut feeling, which I've been schooled about before, but it feels like a good choice to me.

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    The DeltaliteII 2510 has a little more xmax than the stock load. But don't expect miracles - a 210 can only do so much with any of the commonly available 10" loads, and the tuning of the box might not be optimum for the 2510 drivers either...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021