1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eminence Kappa 18a full range cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SubNoizeRat3691, Jul 13, 2012.

1. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    I recently bought a cab to run under my super redhead, a cheap 18 from a local used gear store, and have now decided to sell the redhead. I would like to use the 18"speaker and possibly a midrange to run the cab solo. What would be the best way to go about this???

Thanks in advance!
    Nick.

2. SubNoizeRat3691

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    Anyone?

3. Its already a full range cab. If its not giving you the sound you want on its own, sell it and move on.

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I don't see any Kappa 18. Sure it's not a 15?, or did Emi. used to make a Kappa 18 that's been discontinued?

5. SubNoizeRat3691

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    Discontinued..

6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Whattsa matta? An hour and 45 minutes is too long to wait for a response? :eyebrow:

MM

7. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    What amp?

Active crossover/biamp capability makes it easy, otherwise the crossover is by far the hardest part. Off-the-shelf ones will work as far as driver protection, etc. but usually won't sound near as smooth as something purpose built, unless you get lucky and both your drivers just happen to play nice with the nominal 8ohm filters.

Step one is see what kind of rom you have in the baffle to add what and look for mids that pair up well with your 18. Need response/impedance charts for your 18 to do that. If there's no room in the baffle, you may have to put the mid in it's own little top box.

8. SubNoizeRat3691

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    I may have jumped the gun in that aspect... I was bored at work with nothing else to think about... My bad...:bag: