1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eminence Kappa Pro 10A / LF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quilbert, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hi folks can someone give me advice on a 10" driver. I've just ordered a Eminence Kappa Pro 10A for use in a small practice cab. The literature states that is CAN be used for bass guitar applications. The specs are Resonance frequency 46Hz, Usable range 102Hz - 2.0kHz. Sensitivity 97dB, Power: 500w RMS. Im thinking I should have ordered the Eminence Kappa Pro 10LF. Specs. Resonance Frequenecy 39Hz Usable range 47Hz - 2.0kHz. Sensitivity 91.6 dB, Power: 600w RMS.

Will the 10A , be OK or will it sound very middy with no low end?

SPL of 92dB seems low...

2. Rick James

Rick James Banned

Feb 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    You should have used speaker modeling software to find out the low frequency response and maximum SPL and the Eminence data sheets to see the midrange and high frequency response before settling on any driver. Neither of those are well suited as stand alone drivers. The 0.2 Qes of the Kappa Pro 10 kills the low end, the extended xmax and low Fs of the LF kills the mids. The 2510 is a very good neo driver, the Delta 10 is a decent ceramic driver. Whatever you end up with you can't just stick it in a box, the cab has to be designed to work with the driver specs.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017