1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eminence Kappa Pro LF 15 - what have you dropped it into?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jun 23, 2007.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Just for grins I put a Eminence Kappa Pro LF 15 into my Eden D115 cab. The stock speaker sounds fine I just thought it would be nice to drop the Eminence Kappa Pro LF 15 in as the one I have is 4 ohms and it will get the max watts out of my head(s).

Man, it sounds fantastic! The Eminence Kappa Pro LF 15 is a fairly heavy driver at about 20LBs for the driver alone. Compared to the 11LB eden driver it has a MUCH bigger magnet. I'm guessing that's got something to do with the noticeable increase in low-end reproduction. It increases the cab weight by about 9 LBS but the tone improvement is worth it. The eden cab box is fairly large... its a little bigger than my UL310 box which is [FONT=&quot]23" H x 21.5" W x 16.5 " D[/FONT].

I want to drive this Kappa D115 with my UL310 powered by my carvin b800 and see what that sounds like. Should be great.

What cabs have you dropped the Eminence Kappa Pro LF 15 into and what was your experience?

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021