Eminence Kappa Pro12 vs. Eminence Deltalite 2512

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MauriLii, Jun 1, 2003.

1. MauriLii

Jan 19, 2003
    Kent, England
    I'm planning on building 2 1x12" cabinets. I've been looking at the Eminence Deltalite 2512's, the Eminence Kappa Pro 12 and Eminence Delta 12LF. For all three of these speakers, I can get some nice looking plots on winISD. I have noticed that the Delta 12LF seems to have the best low-end response. This is in spite of the fact that it's the cheapest of the three speakers. The delta 12LF also has a pretty significant hump on the group delay plot, but the worst of it is well below any frequencies that I'm going to be using. It is, however, quite a bit less sensitive (3-5 dB lower than the most sensitive of the three i.e. the deltalite).

Is there anyone out there that has built enclosures using any of these drivers? If so, what sort of results did you have? I'm a little nervous about the deltalites because of the poor tolerance to overheating. I like the idea of a light weight driver, but if I'm going to need to replace them after the first time the clip light comes on my amp, forget it.

Any thoughts?
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Don't be nervous about the neodymium magnets. I used the P.Audio 10's in one of my cabs and have not had any heat issues at all. Actually I haven't had any issues of any kind.......
  3. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Pretty interesting discussion of Delta 12LF's at: HERE

The Search feature will show you much good info.