Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eminence neo's... the NEW ones.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Crockettnj, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    anyone have any first hand experience with the basslites or the deltalite II's ??

are there prices out there yet? are they even available?

thanks

2. Bernie at BLT-Sound is starting to move them now. Only a few models, not the entire new product line (yet).

I'm holding on for the 3015LF... looks very promising for a big Tuba horn.

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    I've got a couple and they are a wonder, but I doubt that I'll have time to build a T36 to test them in for a while. They should be awesome in an Omni 15 too, I'll try one in mine ASAP.

4. I have a pair of NOS JBL M151-8 that are going into my Tuba36H pair. Since they are rear mounted, a hole is a hole, and I can swap out drivers as I please without worrying about an exact front-mount baffle cutout.

I'm laying out the T36 now, and am incredibly pissed that I cannot get BB in anything but 5x5' sheets... the waste is horrendous.

5. billfitzmaurice

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    If you size the internals at just under two feet then that combined with the three feet of the externals comes out to five feet. There's still a lot of waste, but here in New Hampsha we call that fuel for the woodstove.

6. Nice, but no canna do. Mine are 28" wide to make the best fit in a standard 5x8 or 5x10 cargo trailer and still have as much mouth area as possible.

I can get one T36 side piece, and multiple Plate 1 from a 3/4" sheet of 5x5 Baltic Birch, and the rest is waste. Pity. I want to use 1/2" BB for the internals, as that cuts the weight by 1/3 immediately.

Using the 3015LF in lieu of the Magnum 15LF would save another 18 pounds.

7. Have you tried the new neo 12s in the omni 12?

8. billfitzmaurice

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Not yet, I'm awaiting samples of those. But with the 500 Hz crossover to the midrange they wouldn't work even as well as a Delta 12 LF. I'm hoping that they'll be coming out with a Kappalite 12, with more power and xmax that would do justice in the O12.