1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eminence or B & C?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by opium89, Nov 28, 2006.

Eminence or B & C?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2006.
  1. Eminence

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. B & C

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. opium89

opium89

Jan 27, 2004
    Well, I've been having some discussions with Marc @ Dr. Bass about building me some new cabs. I've spec'd out a 2x10 and 1x15 but not sure what drivers to use. Anyone have an opinion about the Eminence Neos or the B & C Neos for the 10's? Someone here mentioned that Epifani uses B & C but Marc begged to differ stating that he knows for a fact that they use the Eminence drivers because they have the same design engineer.

Anyone have an Epifani with Neos and care to take a peak inside for me? I'm really curious what's there.

What I'm really looking for here as far as sound is something like Epifani or Bergantino and would like them to weigh about 40lbs each or less.

2. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

i know for a fact that Epi USED b&C's. It looks(ed), at least in appearance, like their hpl series. Seems to have been a switch at epi that roughly corresponded to the second coming of the deltalite series.

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Unless they are using custom drivers, the choice will come down to which driver has the most favorable Thiele-Small parameters for the proposed design.

4. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    I put an Eminence Neo 15" 3015 in a small cab and love the way it sounds. Decent lows and highs for a small single 15 and there is a sweet fat juiciness to the mids.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Builders of my cabs who've used both report that the B&Cs don't work as well as Deltalite IIs even though the T/S specs are comparable.

6. opium89

opium89

Jan 27, 2004
    Everyone keeps mentioning the Deltalite series. The only ones listed on their site are called a Basslite series and the CA 2010 is the one Marc suggested.

7. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    http://www.eminence.com/neodymium.asp

8. opium89

opium89

Jan 27, 2004
    I found it. Comparing the CA2010 to the Deltalites, the CA2010 has a wider frequency range but the Deltas have a higher power rating. I think I actually want the lower power rating to make the speakers work harder right? It is my opinion that most speakers sound better when pushed harder. Comments here?

9. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    I am a big fan of B&C speakers but when it came down to my 12" Drbass cab I went with the eminence neo. I like it. :bassist:

10. Don at LDS recommended the B&C to me, but that's mainly because I wanted a 4 ohm cab and the Eminence don't come in a 4 ohm load - yet.

11. opium89

opium89

Jan 27, 2004
    For what combination of speakers? Eminence has the C2515 in a 4ohm and if you run 2 10s @ 8 that = 4ohms. I didn't check the 12s...

12. I'm using a single 12