Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Emma Pedals.. Discobombulater, Reezafratzitz and so on...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by De Teng, Aug 14, 2004.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Our guitarist has recently bought this fantastic overdrive pedal called the Reezafratzitz. It is from a factory called Emma from Denmark. I was and still am so amazed by its tone and character. A few days later I went to my favorite bass shop in the Netherlands and this guy got the brand too.

He said it totally freaks EBS out... I was wondering about the compressor hence it is only 180 euro instead of 220 (both retail prices) for the EBS Unicomp. The Emmas look very cool too. I don't know the company url, but gguitars has a nice decription of what the pedals do.

Check www.guitareffectspedals.com/emma.html

Anyone experienced with any of them? Please share! :cool:

[​IMG]

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Thanks for mentioning, I didn't expect any threads already about it, but apparently you people were a lot earlier with it. ;)

May be some information about the compressor? I'm thinking of buying one, one of these days. (What's it called....why do they take such crazy names????)

4. Did you try the Emma OD/dist on bass?

Sound good? Great? Awful?

5. The EMMA company is located in my hometown Aarhus in Denmark. It's a music shop owner that just started making effects, and his shop is actually just around the corner were my band rehearse. I've tried the OD and found it to be very nice, but it lacked bottom so I got the EBS. He says he's going to make a bass distortion soon. Can't wait.
    I haven't tried the Compressor though, but I guess it's just as good as the other effects.

Btw: EMMA is the name of his little daughter, and the silly names are taken from her favorite cartoons (or was it his ;) ) like Calvin and Hobbes.

Here's a link to his shop: (in danish though)

www.orkestergraven.dk

6. Cool!

Let us know about the bass OD! Saw they have a tremolo on the way, I already have one danish tremolo (Trex) but hey!

Does he sell direct or do i need to go thorugh mega music to get one in sweden?

7. Dunno. The EMMA pedals cost the same in his shop as in any other shop in town (about 1400-1500 dkr.), so I doubt that you'll get it any cheaper by buying direct. You could allways send him a mail though.

Funny that a dane uses Swedish effects and a swede uses danish effects :) The other side IS greener ;)

8. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    +1 :D

9. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Carl Anton, can you tell me something about the compressor if you use it for bass? I would be very interested for the distortion for bass too! (cool looking pedals anyway)

For the distortion, it is like a god touches your amp. My guitarist (well... the guitarist of my band to be precise) uses it, he almost was the first of Holland to get it and you just don't believe how cool it sounds. Heavy but yet still very transparent, like a dream.

10. I've not tried the compressor, sorry. If you've got any specific questions I would be happy to ask the guy. I could try one out, but I've never used compresssors so I wouldn't know what to look for.

11. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I'm not really used to comps either, so in fact I can't have a thorougly based opinion about them. I only played the EBS, which sounds warm and some comps on amps, e.g. Eden but I don't know about the 'rim and the hat.' (dutch saying)

12. Is that for bas or guitar? Is it as good for bass?

13. [pretending to be De Teng] I think it missed a little low end, and the controls where certainly voiced for guitar. But besides that I still found it to be a very good (and hefty!) distortion, it was just to apparent it wasn't made for bass.

14. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    In case you guys misunderstood what I was writing, I meant the distortion which Emma has now is fantastic for guitar. I didn't use it on the bass yet, I'm going to do it tomorrow evening for a moment.

If I would buy an Emma or a distortion anyway (Because my amp gives a great distortion too -T-Max head Peavey-) I would rather go for the bass version of Emma. But because I was impressed so much, I can't think of getting a bad sound. That's why I think of getting the compressor first. My local dealer adores them. :smug:

(To get back on the head: I could turn the knobs clockwise during a gig when asking for a distorted sound and then put it back at the next song, but perhaps it is more handy to have a good clean sound and just a good overdrive in a pedal. No more changing of settings, just fat sound. I have had a guitar amp (playing quite some guitar too) where I could use a lot of sounds, but in the end you just find two settings for clean and distorted and that's it. No switching..etc..)

15. I've just talked to Jan who makes the EMMA pedals. He's currently working on a new overdrive/distortion... for guitar :( He said that he will not start on the Bass OD on this side of christmas. So I guess it's going to be a while before we can play through an EMMA pedal. The good news is that the one he's working on right now, sounds like it could be good for bass too. I'm surely gonna try it out when it's possible, but right now it's still on the drawing board.

Peace