1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Emmanuel Wilfer 3/4 Gamba $7500obo

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by 81atherton, Jun 12, 2011.

1. This is a fully carved Wilfer with deep body dimensions (Gamba model) and nice looking violin corners. It's a great instrument for jazz, bows extremely well. As is typical for these deep bodied Wilfers, it speaks really well in the mid and upper registers.

Early on, the neck was broken up near 1st position. Mike Shank in PA repaired it with a dowel and it came back playing and sounding as good as ever. It originally came into the States via Shank's and has an adjustable bridge. It's a beautiful piece of wood, front and back. I can't upload multiple photos here, but I can send some good ones via email.

I have some recordings I can send via mp3, but the best thing is just to play it yourself. Hoping to find a local buyer (DC area) but that could include a pretty big radius. Just get in touch if you're curious.

FWIW, I found it to be a very convenient bass to wheel around to gigs due to it's light weight.

Attached Files: