Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

emo_trash needs help

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by emo_trash, Jan 2, 2006.

1. emo_trash

emo_trash Guest

Jun 28, 2005
    hell
    kay heres the deal my cuz came this weakend and hes an
    amazingl guitar player. cuz he rams all this crazy musical terminoligy down my throat and asks me what it means i feal stupid the he gets mad at me when i cant keep up.bassiclly i want to musicly kick his editim an emo kid who plays finger style and i need help.i need help with just about everthing speed,smart stuff,finger independence and basicly puting up with his crap,i love the bass and he makes fun of me for playing it.

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Hmm...maybe you should learn how to use a pick, or dazzle him with your fauxhawk.

3. emo_trash

emo_trash Guest

Jun 28, 2005
    hell
    i dont have a faux hawk :spit: and i dont feal comortable using a pick

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Practice and get better.

5. jetsetvet

jetsetvet Banned

Mar 24, 2005
    Play with someone else? Guitarists are a dime a dozen.

6. The last two comments put together.

7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Lessons?
    I've played guitar most of my life,but when I started playing bass, I ate my pride and took lessons. I was willing to admit I didn't know everything and taking lessons was much faster than beating my head against the wall trying to do it myself. Sure I could play some from what I knew from playing guitar. But lessons made me a better player faster.

8. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    my advice would be hand him your bass and tell him to show you.

9. yes, yes you do.... :meh:

10. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    um... practice? but hey if you cant "musically kick his edit - language" you can write a sad song about it... i'm sure it'll sell.. scene kids eat that emo stuff up ;)

11. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    on a sorta serious note...:bag: this guy is trashing bass playing... he's family too... which means... you.. 1) have a motive.. 2) he's family... just kick his edit - language and break his guitar :bassist:

Come on guys, watch the language. Next time I"ll just delete the thread. ~Mod

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This guy stands for nothing I do.

13. He sounds like a jerk to me. He comes over and asks you to define a bunch of terms and gets mad when you aren't as advanced as he is? My advice is to ignore him until he grows out of it and focus on playing music that makes you happy. If he doesn't understand the power of the bass yet it's not worth your time to try to show him.

14. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    Seriously, hand him your bass and ask him to show you. If he can't then tell him to shut the hell up.

15. Is he in a band?

You should do as the others here advise, and practice.....

This may take a while, but eat your pride, form a band(easier for bassists to do so!), and don't tell him about it....

.. he'll be jealous when he finds out, but by then you'll probably be enjoying yourself, and won't really care about his lame-ass :D

16. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    wow... there is no "quick and easy way to be Wooten!"... you got to put in the hours bro.. Now quit crying into your decaf soy latte and pick up ur bass!!!

17. emo_trash

emo_trash Guest

Jun 28, 2005
    hell
    lol thanx bro i appreciate it and thanks to everyone for your advice.but i should have explained that he dissis the bass not for its importance(cuz he produces his own music and makes pretty good basslines on his computer)he just makes fun of it cuz of the fact that he thinks its an easy(and someone said for me to let him play it.i did hes alot better than i am.)

18. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Yea everybody says the bass is easy, except for those who play it.. I don't mean any offense to you.. but yea he may be able to play better than you.. but that maybe a root-3rd-5th shuffle. Just like I think guitar is easy... just because I can play every Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins song on it. I'm not a guitar player just because I can play those songs... but I am better than a lot of people I know.

19. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Play him some Michael Manring stuff and ask him to duplicate it on bass. Hell, tell him to transcribe it if he's that good.

20. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA