Empress Effects and a very rare, high level customer service.....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bright Midnight, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know, if you don't already, that the people at Empress, especially Mike, have one impressive customer service mindset. I was impressed by the quality of both construction and sound of their Bass Compressor, but that level got met impressively by the customer service. In the 20+ years of experience I had, working with and often relying on customer service teams, I have literally never met this level of involvement and communication. Empress is a gem!

@Mike_Empress, thanks for all your advice and help. Next on my list is the ParaEq MKII.

K.S.

2. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    KnoxVeegas
    I have never had so much follow-up after a purchase as I had from Empress, Michael Brown leading the way.

The combination of the Bass Compressor and the ParaEQ is excellent. Best two pedals I own!

One Way, son_of_mogh, 6-3-2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    100%.

6-3-2 and Bright Midnight like this.
  4. Oh you have both? Tell us please!

5. Mike_Empress

Mike_Empress Commercial User

Mar 23, 2022
    Empress Effects
    You're making me blush!! Thanks so much! We couldn't do what we do without you, and I just want everyone to have perfectly working pedals, care free and ripping the day away.

6. I'll tell you Mike, the Bass Compressor dominates my signal chain, and for good reason. Between my G&L Tribby L2K, Aguilar DB925, Headrush MX-5 and Schertler BF15 Swiss combo, there's a lot of sweet stuff going on, but with the Compressor added it just changes the game. Besides very musical compression, the tone switch is very usable too and I'm changing the switch back and forth, finding all three settings 'the best'... Masterful pedal, both in terms of sound and construction, not to mention the way it has been thought out.

I've tried out 4 compressors before settling on the Empress, and the Empress is miles ahead.

Michael Vee and Mike_Empress like this.
  7. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    The paraeq mkII and bass compressor are the best combination! I have both of mine always on. If empress made a pedal that was a combo of the two with a footswitchable overdrive and a DI, I think I’d have my dream DI box.

8. Mike_Empress

Mar 23, 2022
    Empress Effects
    Stay tuned! We've definitively noticed the huge support we're getting from the Bass community and have some awesome stuff in the works for y'all!

9. Michael Vee

Feb 3, 2004
    KnoxVeegas
    Hi Michael (great name!) (couldn't resist.. He did that to me several times in emails!)

Yes, please! You'll get more! Can you at least hint at the "awesome stuff"?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Bright Midnight and Mike_Empress like this.
  10. mjcarp79

mjcarp79

May 3, 2017
    I have the Empress bass compressor, and I absolutely love it! I have tried a few compressors, but it is by far the best. My favorite pedal, ever.

11. J-Bass RMR

J-Bass RMR Supporting Member

Same.
    I don't know what else I can add to this.

12. Michael Vee

Feb 3, 2004
    KnoxVeegas
    Those two pedals are really that good.. we are not making this stuff up, are we?

Bright Midnight and J-Bass RMR like this.
  13. They serviced my compressor that I bought off of Ebay (not the original owner).

14. Mine too!

15. willsellout

willsellout I apologize in advance. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have the bass compressor too and it absolutely rules. The metering on it is so helpful, especially since I use it mostly as a limiter.

16. Mike_Empress

Mar 23, 2022
    Empress Effects
    Great name indeed! Unfortunately I cannot comment on new products we're developing, but trust me when I say that it'll be cool!

Michael Vee likes this.
  17. Michael Vee

Feb 3, 2004
    KnoxVeegas
    Aww!! Okay then.. :) You are talking about 2023, though, right?

18. LonesomeKris

LonesomeKris Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Another BIG fan of the Bass Compressor. I just acquired a Reverend Fellowship, changed out the strings for TI Flats, and with some tweaks the sound through the Empress is just gorgeous!

mjcarp79 likes this.
  19. Mike_Empress

Mar 23, 2022
    Empress Effects
    No comment unfortunately. It's really hard to predict this stuff. Maybe our prototype works perfectly, but then PCBs come in and there's a problem. Sometimes it takes a few prototypes to get things working right. All I can say is that we're cooking up some good stuff!

One Way and Michael Vee like this.
  20. Michael Vee

Feb 3, 2004
    KnoxVeegas
    Good enough! In that case, guys, give Mike some more ideas. We already have a request for ParaEQ + Bass Compressor in one pedal, more?