SOLD Empress Effects ParaEq with Boost

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by maurice 41, Jan 22, 2020.

1. maurice 41

maurice 41

Jan 21, 2006
    Price:
    $170.00
    I've owned this Empress ParaEQ for a few years now. I purchased this used from a colleague. I really like it but do not use it very often. It works great. A little "dirty pot" noise when adjusting the boost potentiometer, but not unexpected for a pedal that is from the 2000s.
    No AC adaptor or box included. $10 to ship CONUS, $25 to ship outside CONUS IMG_1120.jpeg IMG_1121.jpeg

Here is a description I found online:

The ParaEq w/Boost gives musicians a powerful, musical, high quality EQ in a conveniently small package. The signal path of the ParaEq w/Boost is comprised of the highest quality components chosen for their transparency, powerful tone shaping capabilities, and low operating noise. With the Empress ParaEq w/Boost your instrument will still sound like your instrument, only better.

3 bands of parametric EQ, each with 3 selectable q widths, give you extremely flexible EQ. The wide Q is great for general tone shaping and is extremely transparent. The medium Q is perfect for everyday problem solving like pulling out boxiness from the low mids to reducing harshness and adding bit in the upper mids. The narrow Q excels at notching out problem frequencies and is a saviour for acoustic guitarists when combating feedback issues.

The Boost section offers 30dB of clean boost and can be set to engage with the EQ section to act as a make-up gain when doing subtractive EQ, or can be used completely separately as a pure clean boost. Great for bumping up your volume for solos or hitting the front end of a tube amp for a bit more break-up.

Features

· All Analog Signal Path – to deliver the most organic tone possible.

· Ultra Transparent Sweet Sounding EQ – enhance your sound without masking the tone of your instrument.

· Lots of Control - with switchable q, fully over-lapping sweepable frequency selection, and 15dB of cut and boost you’ll get all the control you need.

· Ultra-Quiet – You’ve come to expect our pedals to be noise free and we’ve delivered once again. If you put this at the front of your chain and boost a bit you’ll also cut down on the noise your other pedals are introducing.

· Loads of Headroom - Internally switchable to run off 9/12/18V power supplies.

· 30dB of Boost - making it an ideal candidate before long effects chains and overdriving tube amps.

· Pristine Clean Sound – We measured the distortion to be less than 0.03%. Pretty remarkable for a guitar pedal.

· True Bypass - The Empress ParaEq w/Boost EQ Pedal employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.

· Perfect Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.

Specifications

· Power Input Voltage: 9 - 18 V DC (Negative tip)

· Power Input Connector: 2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)

· Power Consumption: 85mA (does not change with input voltage)

· Enclosure Material: Die Cast Aluminum

· Input connector: 1/4" Jack

· Output connector: 1/4" Jack

· Height (Enclosure only): 1.5"

· Height (including controls): 2"

· Length: 3.5"

· Width: 4.5"

· weight: 1 lb

· Q's: 0.5, 1.5 and 3

· Input impedance: 1MΩ

· Output impedance: 510Ω

2. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Where is the boost switch? Or is it just a turn of the knob while engaged?

3. maurice 41

maurice 41

Jan 21, 2006
    Turning the knob is the boosting option. I've set it to boost as I need and the on/off switch engages it.