SOLD Empress Germ Drive

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by g4string, May 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Price:
    Empress Germ Drive. I greatly prefer this OD over the typical three knob OD pedals (gain, volume, and tone). Having controls over the bass and treble functions makes this waaaayyy more versatile while allowing you to dial in a more appropriate, overall tone. Of all the drives I have tried, this is my fav! The pedal is great/excellent condition. $85 shipped, PayPal friendly.

Attached Files:

2. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

Interested. What would you compare this to? Perhaps i’ll Hit YouTube in the meantime...

3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Hard to say....YouTube might help. However, I'd imagine most of the videos will be with guitar, and not bass. It still might be helpful to hear the tonal characteristics of the drive unit. I will say its just a REALLY good sounding drive that allows you to maintain clarity in the mix. I found (IME) that with the thee knob variants like the BBBOD, I was getting lost in the mix. The BBBOD sounded great in the bedroom, but on the gig, it didn't cut. The Germ drive was the complete opposite due to the fact that I could dial in the amount of treble and bass I needed to sit right in the mix. This allowed me maintain proper amounts of bass in the mix while being able to control the high end to still be heard.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022