Empress

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jeronimoski, Jan 11, 2015.

1. jeronimoski

jeronimoski

Sep 27, 2011
    Merry Christmas to me.

So I was given an Empress ParaEq as a present. I checked over the manual, but I still can't figure this thing out. I watched a guy (guitarist) on Youtube that was using it to find unwanted noise and tweak it out, but that's about it. For the bass players out there that use this thing, how do you use it? What settings are you putting this thing at? It is just for noise reduction at certain frequencies and a booster? Sorry, I'm not too bright when it comes to pedals. BTW, I put this before my MXR compressor. Is that OK?

2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    just look at it as a professional para-eq gear, you can use it for many different applications

to understand how to use PARA EQ try reading ovnilab.com and look for eq section - basically you need to understand few things, your q, your frequency point, and how much you want to boost on that frequency point

1.) Changing your tone for specific technique - if you slap-mid song and you want a different tone all together compared to let say your mid heavy finger tone
    2.) room correction - if you notice certain frequency feedback or too boomy, you can filter out those frequency,
    3.) always on preamp pedal - if your bass need some help on some frequency
    4.) when you have a change of song - let says your setlist only contain 1 or 2 reggae tune and you want to change your tone for that 2 songs.
    5.) you can also just use the boost function of the empress to just boost the signal

Driven Crane likes this.
  3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I would probably put it after the compressor. If you hit the boost going into the compressor, you won't really get a boost, you'll just get the compressor to respond differently.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021