Empty cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by centralharbor, Feb 17, 2006.

1. centralharbor

Nov 21, 2005
    Are there any sites that sell empty cabs? I've been trying to look for a decent cab, but shipping to hawaii is a b****. I've looked at musicsupplycenter.com and they have the legion cab for cheap, but I wanted to know if somewhere just sells empty cabs. (Musicsupplycenter.com doesn't have empty cabs atm)
  2. 8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    i just sent you a PM
  3. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I am almost positive Avatar will ship you an empty.
  4. centralharbor

Nov 21, 2005
    Oh yea, I know, forgot to mention that. I just need more options.
  5. I guess you already have the speakers for the cab, but this is where the problem starts. Since cabs are designed, built and tuned for a specific speaker, buying an empty cab and installing your own speakers is a hit and miss proposition.
    It might sound OK, it might sound like crap. Many new bass cabs come with slotted ports, making tuning changes even more difficult, so you'd basically be stuck.

6. You guys are slackin. Took 5 posts to tell him he'll be struck down by fire from the heavens if he tries to put speakers in a cab! Lamers. Get on the ball!

Buddy, only trained, well equipped pros can put speakers in cabs. Why dfo you think cabs with speakers in them cost so much? Do YOU have a radiation suit, a hyperbaricallyu sealed chamber to do th eassembly in, a magnetic flux grappler assembly, and a quantum detonator in case things go agly, as they gang aft? Not to mention these things are best done in spacedock anyway.
  7. joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Hard to find these days. I have always had good luck with filling empty cabs with decent speakers and had them sound good. Avatar sells them, and I think Schroeder does too. Also I think D.R. Bass does, also Sonic does. All of these are alot higher than Steelsound used to be, but it seems they went out of the cab business. E-bay, if you get lucky.
  9. Steelsound will ship empty ones.