1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMU 1212M, has anyone tried this one?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Athe, Sep 30, 2008.

1. I'm looking to get a PCI interface for my computer so I can record some bassplaying. Its my first time poking around this subject so I do knot know that much about it..
    I'm looking at the EMU 1212M interface. Has anyone here tried it? Any good?

Thanks!

Emil.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I've been using the "'big brother" 1820M for a few years now. It sounds great, but the drivers and PatchMix software have seemingly been in constant development the whole time I've owned it. So I'd be sure to do substantial research on compatibility with your hardware and operating system before you pull the trigger.

The TB'er I bought it from found it very frustrating, FWIW. But I got it working fine on my system in only a few minutes...go figure!:cool:

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I have an 1820M. the patching has added improvements every time, so I'm not complaining.

Sound is way above the price point.

Patch mix has a learning curve to get it's full potential, but very much worth it.