1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

End of Semester Blues

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Neb Maro, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    It's the end of the semester. I have to major papers and four finals to deal with. Both of my papers are argumentative research papers. With one, there is just too much information (Global Warming) with the other, there is too little (constroversy of reintroducing wolves into a broader area of the lower 48 states).

The latter is due this coming Wednesday and the former is due a week from Thursday. I have two finals this Thursday and the other two a week from Thursday.

I know what I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm completely burned out. I've only done a little work on my wolf paper and have completely ingored the global warming paper.
    I have to find someway to integrate studying into the paper writing and going to class and I just don't want to deal with it.
    I'm so tired of school. I'm tired of having continual drain on my brain and I just want this semster to end. Anyone out there feel me?

How do you deal with end of semster blues? How do you stay diligent even when every part of you just wants to give it up? How do you maintain a high enough standard when you've just about quit caring?

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    EU
    It's all about taking the books in your hand, usually after you do that the stuff starts to take care of itself. Change of scenery to some quiet, relatively distant place might help to get you focused, it can be hard to do stuff if you don't have much motivation and there's other stuff to pull your attention.

Take it easy, get a cup of coffee or something and get used to the idea that these two weeks you'll be your nose in the book for the most of your time. It's like running a certain distance; there's no point to exhaust yourself on the first mile, so find a comfortable pace that'll keep you going, and go with it. After you get the mindset going on, it's a bit easier :)