Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

End of the World Party

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by metron, Sep 9, 2004.

1. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Anyone get a chance to hear the new Medeski Martin & Wood cd? This one is my personal favorite. Tons of GROOVE! :cool:

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Agh! It's out...and here I am with no money. Curses!

brad cook

3. Yes! It is badass! I pre-ordered it for my roommate's birthday and it came in a few days early. I haven't had much of a chance to listen to the second half except for Mami Gato but as soon as I get home I'm gonna give it a few more play thorughs. I can't wait to see these guys again when they come around this fall.

mhfg

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Check out song 5. It starts with Chris playing a nice melodic bass line then it changes into a simple chromatic boogaloo-esque line. Right after that John drops into a wah/clavinet funk solo that is just insane!

I love it more each time I hear it. Highly recommended people!!! :bassist:

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I'm dying here - haven't picked it up yet :bawl:

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Two Thumbs up!

I work at the radio station at my college. So I ripped the promo copy onto my computer. :D

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.

/agree

The whole album is greatness :)

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I haven't picked this one up yet, but This post reminded me of my favorite MMW song "united" off of "notes from the underground" So, I listened to it, and it was sweet. :cool:

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah man, I haven't listened to Notes... for a while. I need to listen to that today.

I finally got to listen to End of the World Party. It is indeed OUTSTANDING. Their last two albums have been so good. I mean I like all of their albums, no exceptions, but Uninvisible was great and this is like a slight step up from that.

brad cook

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Im making it an MMW day today, listening to Notes, Its a Jungle in Here, Friday Afternoon in the Universe, Shack-Man, Uninvisible, and End of the World Party :)

(Need to pick up the other albums still hehe)