Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

End Pin Stop

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Gabe, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I'm trying to find a good end-pin stop. Lately I've been using a Xeros (the same on I use for my cello). I would kind of prefer a stop that doesn't need to be anchored to a chair or stepped on.

Short of a rug, are there any end pin rests you would recommend?

Thanks!
    Gabe:)

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    The Wolf end pin stop is the only thing that works for me. I have wood floors, and my bass (which is kinda heavy) kept punching through every end pin anchor I bought.

The Wolf is a hard rubber ball that screws on to the end of your endpin with three set srews. It never slips on my wood floors, and you don't have to bring it with you since it stays on the bass.

Monte

3. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i made mine; it is solid walnut hockey puck design (like a cello's) with soft rubber on the bottom.

works like a charm; the thing never moves !

4. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Thanks so much!

Gabe:D

5. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    oooh the spike. I got screamed at by a symphony hall stage manager, actually the meyerhoff in Baltimore
    because i jammed my spike into the floor.

that was a looong time ago and my puck was missing.

If anyone want one of mine i'll make one for you -gratis.

don

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Now that's what I call service!

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    they are relatively easy to make. they look nice and you'd be the talk of the town :)D ) with that unique
    rest.

8. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    I use a rubber 2" furniture leg-holder. Way cheap & works fine for me. Because I aim to have the instrument pretty close to straight-up, I'm less concerned about sliding than about marking up floors, rugs etc.

9. Bravo, Chris.
    She's the reason the C-word continues in our working vocabulary.