Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ended up with Crown XLS 402 & tech question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Frank Martin, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Hi!

So after eyeing the Lab.Gruppen 1300C on eBay.de for some time, I lost in the bidding battle. Actually, i stepped out, as it got a bit bad...
    It started at €400 - and I hoped thats where it would stay - and after some fierce bidding in the last minutes, it got to €955.... :eek: :bawl: The seller had a good day, I see, as his other 1600 went from €600 to €961 as well...

Well, yeah... anyway, then i looked at some other stuff (again). There are these online sellers that offer their products on ebay, and there was a new Crown XLS 402 II. Buy it now price was €349 ~$430, $485 till I get it here (long story short: my type of bank-card is not suitable for internet use so I had to get somebody to bid/buy/transport it)... here, it costs HuF 120000 + 25% tax = 150000 ~ $750 so I thought I would save a bit... I'll be getting it this weekend :hyper:

2*260W @ 8
    2*400W @ 4
    1140W @ 4 bridged
    11,5 kgs...
    and I thought: :meh: light enough, and and has all the power I will need for a long time, I wont (and wont even have to) drive it hard, so... why not? ;)
    Ive read the things written here, and the only problem that I heard of was that itcant be driven at very high power at 4 ohms bridged and that it doesnt have a bridge switch...Making a cable cant be that hard, can it? Especially if I save a good bit if i get this amp ;)
    BTW cables:

NOW, AS FOR THE QUESTION:

If I want to run dual mono (with only one input signal to drive both channels, which both have cabs hooked on - so its not bridge), I'll have to make another Y cable, but with that, i will not have to switch the polarity, right?
    Thanks!

2. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Bump-ti-ti tam-tam - TAM-TAM!

Could someone at least answer that question, please?

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I don't have the exact answer to your question but ... Crown Tech support covers cable questions and if you pop the question over ther, they'll take care of you. I'm a fan of Crown just because of the customer service folks. Really good people to deal with ...and the product is great too of course!

4. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Ok. I'll try that. I just thought I'd first ask here at TB, as there are already some using these and there are some knowledgeable people here.
    Thanks