1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Endorsement disclosure stuff

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Lia_G, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I just recently became an endorser of Genz Benz amps. I have disclosed that in the correct area, but there's one thing that bothers me. That disclosure now appears on every post I've ever made, including those from well before I had even thought about endorsing Genz Benz. My only concern is that there is now a different standard of behavior that I need to observe in my postings, whereas that was not the case before. Someone reading older posts of mine, perhaps where I jumped in multiple threads and sang the praises of Genz Benz, will see the "Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz" at the top and come to a certain conclusion, whereas the truth of the matter is that I made those posts long before becoming an endorser ... and that the positive experiences I related in those posts are the reason I approached Genz Benz about *becoming* an endorser in the first place.

I think a useful, but probably impossible feature for you to implement would be something which ties someone's posts to their disclosed endorsements at the time of each post, so that pre-endorsement posts don't indicate the endorsement. And if someone ends an endorsement relationship, posts made while he or she *was* an endorser would keep the disclaimer. That really shows the truth of the matter as it stood at the time of the post.

For myself, I've handled it by putting a corny "Endorsing Genz Benz since 02/24/2008" line in my sig. ;)

Cheers

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Good idea, and with good timing since the whole subject just came up in one of the Shuttle threads.

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Unfortunately there's no easy way to do this. It'd require re-writing a huge portion of this forum software's code, because of the way it pulls info from the database.

Maybe put a date in the disclosure field?