Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

endorsment help?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Billdo, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Billdo

Billdo

Dec 9, 2002
    Charlotte NC
    Greetings

I currently play in a band (VooDou) that has recently been signed to Invisible Records. We have just rapped up a U.S. tour w/ My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult and beginning to go back out again in January.
    Things have been going kind of fast for us and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on getting endorsments.
    I play through a Peavy Mark III right now and I'm not too impressed w/ it. Being on an Independent lable doesn't help financially.It prob seems early in the game to be looking, but I suppose I'd better start looking now.....
    thanks
    billdo

2. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    A guitar-playing friend of mine is endorsed by Jackson and GHS, and he told me that he basically got the deal by sending the companies a press pack and then contacting them.

He had a lot of credentials though - a degree in music and he had taught at a popular guitar camp for several years.

I would start out by contacting the companies and trying to find out exactly what their endorsement policies are.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Have your manager engage them. Also, establish a rapport with the Artist Relations guy, and get to know him first. Keep him abreast of what's happening with the band. Also, the press kit is major.

4. Try getting in contakt with a couple of firms, I saw a "Jägermeister" add for "Band Support" try them out. Sorry that i can't give you anymore info:(

ROCK ON
    SCODI

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I endorse Eden products. I buy them, then I endorse them. Same with Lakland.